Salary: $16.00 /hour
Are you looking for a new career in the home improvement industry with a great company? C&L Ward, Michigan’s industry leader in exterior home improvement products and services, is looking for delivery driver out of our Davison location. Duties can include but not limited to:
- Responsible for delivery vehicle which will include performing a vehicle inspection every morning using vehicle checklist; providing safe and efficient transportation of materials to and from job site; documenting daily mileage of vehicle and scheduling preventative maintenance; scheduling State Vehicle inspections annually as required by Vehicle Manager; and informing Vehicle Manager of monthly mileage any mechanical problems.
- Clean vehicle as required. Wash outside, remove trash for cab, sweep truck and cab, and spray inside at least once a week.
- Accurately load delivery trucks using a double check method and secure to avoid damage.
- Greet and unload customer orders accurately and obtain authorizing signature on invoice of delivered goods.
- Pick up authorized returns of material at job site and document on return slip. Make notes of condition of materials.
- Turn in completed delivery papers to Warehouse Manager and report any discrepancies. Unload returned materials in proper area.
- Work is normally performed driving a delivery vehicle to and from job sites. Some work will be preformed in a warehouse
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as moderately hot or cold temperatures, dirt, dust, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, carrying, or pulling required of objects of 45 or more pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 60%) of job.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid CDL class B driver’s license.
- Approved Background check is a contingency of initial and continued employment.
- Approved Drug Test is a contingency of initial and continued employment.
Go to all jobs